Thursday, August 14, 2008

Can I forget....

Do you find it hard forgetting something you are suppose to forget??? A girlfriend was sharing something 'painful' she was going through and I was at lost for words to comfort her. I couldn't find the right, soothing, calming words that some could do. She'd walk to and fro with her gestures here and there and all I did was sit, watch, nod plus the 'uh uhs' and 'hmms'. She'll stop and look at me and says "Ok Lola, you're here to listen. . ." then continues rambling. Then she pops the question "Can you forget. . ."

I reflected back on her question and wonder whether I could possibly forget and just simply delete something from my memory especially when it has a very strong impact in my life. The truth is I guess it's difficult to do so. At times when I've convince myself that I have put it behind me, it'll creep up at odd times!!!! Some say share it but probably the 'shoulder' I cry on is not comfy or spongy enough to absorb all the tears and. . . saliva;P. Then I guess it's back to making peace with the memory of it.....ooohh, the intricacies that life has to offer.

But, any chance of doing so?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're right. it is hard to forget something that has made a huge impact to your life. didn't someone say memories are made to last?? if it's good, great. but if it's bad then hmmm we'll be haunted for life. sigh.