Monday, September 6, 2010

Smile eventhough your heart is aching....

Last week was hectic even if there was that Merdeka break. The stack of exam papers forced that frantic rush of madness, insanity (!) to take over the wheel. I had to get it done before the hols. It was not only me agonizing the every red stroke on the paper but the other colleagues were experiencing it too. The visit from the formally clad education officers did not make the situation any better.

I was tracing my steps back to the comfort zone of my desk when I bumped into a colleague. The conversation took place.

"Lola bonus ka hari ini?"
"Ha?? Belum lah."

Took a few steps but then. . .

"Ko habis mark paper sudah"
"Belum. Tension sudah ni, mesti key-in hari Khamis ni."
"Oh, ku pikir Lola sudah siap. Nampak senyuman mesti sudah siap mark paper"
"Hmm..."
"Saya suka nampak...buat orang tension senang sikit"

A few close friends often commented on the value of that one simple smile. Reaching my comfort zone made me think what that colleague said. Although it was stressful getting those papers done, I could still smile. Like MJ's song "Smile though your heart is aching..." Today I have a reason to smile - we are on hols!!! But more, because I have somewhat came face to face with my past, looked at it and gave that smile I should have given long time ago.

Psstt...my smile for you today is here captured with my niece Lana (taken by hubby!). . .


3 comments:

Johna said...

wuw..that smile look like your heart is aching..."capat ambil gmbr,alasu no pomogunan"...tei gia?

Lola said...

Johna, hahaha...funny you...

Borneo rain said...

thanks for the reminder! smile though yr heart is aching! :)