Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope to relax soon....

Edward and Philip Chai on RAW

Japanese Team

River at Ulu Kimanis campsite

Sunset at Pimping Beach

Sunrise at Pimping Beach

It was another exciting opportunity to be part of the Borneo Safari 2008 event. We were flagged off with tyres squealing and engines vrooming down Gaya Street on 26 October and only returned to comfort zone on 2 November. The journey offroading was not as challenging as last year but still the experience - watching the adrenalin-rush men pushing their 'toys' to their limit, enjoying time off from work, nature, being away from the kids:( - is one I wouldn't want to miss again. Although it was a different phase of work I get there but I sure had a relaxing escapade.

Being in school these last two weeks would be like hell ;P. Documentation to do, handing over files, students to see for last minute thingy and lots more before we go off for the hols. I think back of the one week escapade - cooling in any river we get to, listening to crickets at night, sunsets/sunrise, reading in peace, the early morning walks - hmm, how I wish....It's peaceful and quiet here at home now and I am relishing every moment of that Ed and Edward wake up. I am even contemplating on sneaking out just to wander down the road to SASS and probably do a bit of "clicking" here and there. Reality checks!!! Arrgghhh, I'll trudge this last mile for this year by maybe just looking further down the road....any greener pastures???

1 comment:

OC said...

Awsome pictures..! I didn't know that u're such a fan of this adrenalin-rush-type-of-outdoor thing. Take it easy, ok..:)