Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sleepless nights. . .

It was sleepless nights for me the past few nights. Ed has the ugly looking blisters of chicken pox. He had fever, ulcers and a very bad sore throat last Monday and knowing our boy Ed, who had his share of ins and outs of the Likas Hospital, I got him to drink kembang semangkuk (it works wonders you know;)) and of course got him to see a doctor immediately. The doctor's prognosis was Ed had flu. Hmm. . .however, Wednesday welcomed the chicken pox and by Friday it was all over him. He'd wake up at night asking for milk but I realize that he would only hug his bottle of warm milk to sleep. He'd cry on and on at times and it breaks my heart to see him in pain. I would cuddle him, rub his back, wipe away his tears just to at least ease his 'duduh mommy'. Eventually, he'll fall back to sleep. Every hour or so, I got up to check on him. Fever? Did he pee?

Edward was and is still away for work purposes. I am thankful that he was around during the weekend so I got to get my beauty sleep while he took over the task of checking the kids, especially Ed, at night. Yesterday, Ed was his usual self - mischievous, naughty and a pain to the butt(lol) to his other two siblings - eases my tensed shoulders though;) Edward called to check on us at night and knowing that Ed was getting better, we were able to be in the mood of exchanging naughty sms (lol).

Well, the blisters are drying up but I guess we'll still be cooped up at home till they're really gone. Heard the thing is going around. . .chicken pox I mean. I received an sms from my cousin Donna last night and her girl Carmen has it too. Hmm. . .so we might as well watch out not for Santa but probably for the infectious chicken pox this X'mas season. It may just be under our trees this year!!!

1 comment:

The Dreamer....^_^ said...

Kacian ohh...hopefully suda ok. nanti inda enjoy krismas..