Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our idea of a birthday celebration....

Our idea of a birthday celebration this year was:



a) Spending two nights at The Cottage Hotel, Kundasang
It's a new resort with reasonable price RM 108 - heater, astro, wi-fi etc..
b) Watching the 4x4 Pesta Kubis Challenge
However, most of the time I find myself watching the two boys, Ed & Nell. They had their
own mini 4x4 in the mud when the vehicles got stuck;)

c) Spending time with the kids
It was a so called pay-back time after leaving them a week at my parents
just because of the Borneo Safari



d) Appreciating nature
This was taken at home a few minutes after we arrived from Kundasang. It was drizzling
and the kids were shouting, "Mommy, take a picture of the rainbow." Why not, especially at
almost the close of the day.



d) Feasting on a cake
Edward surprised me with a durian cake which he ordered from Trixie.
Lucky us, the kids were not so into durian. . .so we had it all to ourselves.


e) Ehemm....had time to "pak toh" also

As I was trying to put candles on the cake, the kids were jostling each other to see who gets to count the candles first. They counted and I heard them whispering....
"Huh??? Mommy is 5 years old?"
"Like me?"
"No, you're not yet 5."
"Ya lah, but next month I'll be."
"Cannot lah. Mommy not budak-budak anymore."
"Ok, you count the candles again."
And so they counted again. I can't help but smile at how kids can come up with funny things to say and funny solution to a problem. I trace my steps back to the life at 31. There were rough and smooth rides, ups and downs, bitter and sweet....you name it. The norm of life but it makes life more colourful and more meaningful. As I close that chapter of my life, I hope in the years to come if I get a chance to leaf through its pages again, I could say those experiences help me grow....
As of now, hmmm....I wouldn't want to tally the candles on the cake but instead I want to count the blessings that God has given to us...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you really did enjoy your birthday 'la :) sengaja ka dat you order durian cake so your kids won't be too excited? hehehe

Lola said...

thanks 'ta...mbe sengaja ohh....so 'evil' kan...;P

Donna said...

Happy Belated Birthday La...sorry I forgot to sms you on your special day..only late night baru I remember...so bad cousin/friend oh me kan...anyways, glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration:P

Flory Gingging said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flory Gingging said...

what a great birthday you had, 'la!!! and you so deserve it. :) flo

mmyabis-sigar said...

Hi Lola,
happy birthday! Glad to be in your blog roll :)