Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friends who care....

I came across a very familiar envelope this week as I was putting stuff into boxes. I stared at the self made but very creative envelope. Didn't realize that I had kept it over the years. It stirred memories - mixed feelings, a search of identity, and attempts of self "destruction" (not suicide though!) I touched it, undecided whether to get a glimpse of its contents yet again. My daughter looked at me with her "what-is-that mommy" look and I simply said "Oh, its nothing." I put it aside and continued to pack things but "curiousity killed the cat" - not that I have forgotten its contents! I read it and read it again. It was a very comforting and encouraging as well as touching letter - I still think it is. I remember going through a tough time while at SAUC - not financially or socially but spiritually. Somehow, someone must have sensed, seen or felt the rough weather I was at and decided to "kay poh"! I almost tore it into pieces but decided against it. Looking back now, I'm glad the letter shook me and brought some senses into me. I smiled as I folded the letter and slipped it back into the envelope. I'm glad there were friends who cared and there will always be friends who care....

Oh by the way, the letter was signed "God" with a P.S Sorry for the spelling errors if there were any, my secretary is human. Forgive her! *giggles*

No comments: